Party Parrot World: Beta Teaser!

 


Heya, Penguin Pals! Hope you all are doing super well today. We have a very special blog post in store this time!

I was struggling to figure out what I wanted to write for my next post, but I woke up this morning to a Twitter DM from Tech70! They're one of the team members over at Party Parrot World - and they've invited me to share with my blog readers this teaser for the game's closed beta! You can imagine how excited I was - and how motivated I suddenly got to make this post. Let's take a look, shall we?


Wow, that's a LOT to break down! And I've never done any sort of teaser breakdown of any sort - I normally just watch the teasers/trailers, get excited, and then proceed to annoy all my friends about it. A bit overwhelming, but I love a challenge, so I'll give it my best shot!

Right away I recognized this as the Box Dimension - something that I'm quite familiar with as both an original Club Penguin and a Club Penguin Island player.

In fact, my first instinct was to use the Scene Loader in CPI's debug menu to see if I could make any connections...


I did notice something in the trailer, though - all the boxes have some sort of label! I've noticed that there's different symbols on the wings of the boxes that are open - though I can't really decipher what most of them even are.

But I think this one's a train! Imagine a virtual world that just revolves around trains. That would be pretty silly, huh?


It could be something completely different, but it looks like a train to me. As for the rest of the labels, yeah I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

I also noticed there's this giant face in the background! I can imagine this might harken back to SOMETHING, but I have no clue as to what.


And by no clue, I REALLY mean no clue. Maybe this giant face is here just for the heck of it. We can't expect everything in these teasers to have a reason to be there. Sometimes things are just... there.

Or I'm just clueless. Yeah that... that could be it, too.

There also seems to be some sort of orange planet behind it? Or maybe that's the sun? Golly, the Box Dimension just keeps confusing me more and more.

I do like the fact that this means all the RocketSnail virtual worlds are connected somehow - there's one in Club Penguin and Club Penguin Island, and there's even a Box Realm within Box Critters, and this teaser confirms it's somewhere within the Party Parrot world as well!

And then, with our parrot flying in - we get a sneak peek as to what the world will look like!

And, naturally, my immediate thought was that the fly-in animation looked similar to the one shown in the Club Penguin Island trailer. There's no way that's the reference, right? THERE'S NO WAY.


I mean, anything can be a RocketSnail IP (former or current) dropping into a new virtual world - well, actually, very few things can be specifically that - but there's no way that this is a Club Penguin Island reference, I'm just a bit obsessed. RIGHT?

Anywho, let's take a look at this world from what we can see in the teaser!


And again, my first thoughts, "CLUB PENGUIN ISLAND???"
Can you tell what my favorite game is? I sure can't. It's like I wear a lens that makes me see everything in a Club Penguin Island-sorta way.

But, to me, it does look similar! There's the beaches at the edges, the big snowy mountain with what looks like (hopefully) a race track going down it, the volcano, the big circular center in the middle... It all looks like Club Penguin Island to me, and while it probably has more references to the original Club Penguin than it does to Island, I think we all know by this point which one I played more, and how my brain runs.

The teaser ends there, but not before showing us something particularly interesting, for a few frames at the end.


Incoming transmission? Transmission from WHO? I wonder who's giving us this message...

It seems to be written in the Elite Penguin Force secret code! Also known as the Tic-Tac-Toe Code. I happen to have BOTH of the EPF DS games on hand, so I can actually decode this, no problem!

I’ll just use my favorite for this one…


Hmm... all I was able to decode was: "THE NEW INTHEANY", but that can't be right. What the heck is an "intheany"? Or maybe it's "The new in the any"? No, that sounds weird, too!

There is a character in the middle that I couldn't decode - it's just a line, and I can't decode it using the Tic-Tac-Toe code. Maybe that's what I'm missing? But then, what could that line mean?

I'm no good at secrets like this! But it definitely does get me speculating. Will Party Parrot World have LORE? That would be amazing, actually. This is coming from someone who absolutely adored Club Penguin Island's missions as a kid - as well as the original PSA missions. I wonder what parrot lore would entail? I'm excited to find out if there's any at all! Other than all the worlds being connected through some sort of Box Dimension multiverse, of course!

That's about all I have to say for the teaser itself, but that doesn't mean my time talking about this game is over! I've already signed up for closed beta testing - and, if I happen to get accepted, I'll definitely be blogging about it! Who knows, I might do one better, combine this all into one big video! We won't know 'til we get there, so hang tight my friends! Either way, I will definitely be playing this game at full release. I'm excited to see what happens!

Thank you so much to the team for inviting me to talk about this teaser, it's been a blast writing this! And, thank you to everyone who's been reading!

Before I end the post, a special shoutout to the blog members:
FirstMaple, Mikeal/E1123f
(Not a member? No problem! You can become one by adding this blog to your CPI Island Phone! Check out this blog post to see how!)

Keep on waddling, my friends!

- Imabunny156, aka Nhexis






Comments

  1. I loved reading your interpretations of the teaser video, Imabunny156! The Club Penguin Island connections you've made are super interesting. Both the parrot and the CPI penguin flew towards their island, something I didn't notice until now!! Great work on this, and can't wait to see more content from you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Key Is In The Sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great breakdown, Bunny — this was fun to read! 😄 I hadn’t actually noticed that giant face in the bg when watching the trailer, but it’s the Party Parrot emote for “Discovery” I think and is probably meant to be symbolic in a way. Anyhow, thanks for the fun post! Can’t wait to see you in PPW! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops that comment with the bit about the emote was me, just fyi ðŸĪŠ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment