PPW: What's New! - Volume #1

 


Hey there, everyone! It's me again! Wow, it's been a while since I posted on here, huh?

Ooookay, coming clean here, I hit a huge writer's block recently! My motivation just left with no sign of returning. But I'm back, and better than ever now! And I'm finally ready to talk about Party Parrot, something I know I've kept you guys waiting for, for far too long!

I figured it might be a good idea to catch you all up on some things! Namely with Party Parrot World. A lot - and I mean a LOT - of things have been happening with the game over the past few months.

Let's get straight to the good stuff! What's NEW in Party Parrot World?!

Open Beta Testing!

You might remember that I was invited to the closed beta testing for PPW. Well, it's now open to everyone! Players can sign up for their permanent Hideaway accounts on the New Hideaway website, and create a parrot of their very own! Best of all, they've recently removed the requirement for age verification. You no longer need to verify you're an adult to play the game! However, if you're under the age of 13, it's recommended that you ask a parent before signing up.

Do note that they've stated that UGC - or User Generated Content - will require adult age verification. I'm not actually sure what they're planning in terms of UGC yet, so I'm excited to find out! It does seem like the majority of Party Parrot fans are content creators, like myself, so it'll be interesting to see.

Nonetheless, these two things have been great news for the community! It means more people have been able to join the party. I've loved interacting with you guys on there - when I've had time to stop taking naps and actually attend the meet-ups, that is!

Oh yeah! Something that came with the open beta was official staff meet-ups! This was also a thing during the closed beta in a way, but it's definitely more pronounced now. They're weekly, and it's awesome to see the community come together to have some birb-tastic fun! I've been missing a lot of them (like I mentioned, unfortunately-timed naps happen way too often for me), but they're so much fun when I catch them!

They've also begun cycling out items every week - meaning the shops update with new items all the time! This includes the Ruby shop, which is the premium currency store. So far, the Polar Bear Outfit is still my favorite - despite me not owning it in-game anymore. I'm gonna get it back one day for sure, if I manage to have enough money to buy Rubies!

Something else that was added was animations! You can now sit, throw, and do a bunch of dances! Parrots are also now animated as they sit down on things like chairs. It's a cool addition, and adds a bunch more life to the characters of the world!

The Very First PARTY!

That's right, as of version 1.0.7, they've finally started rolling out parties in PPW! This was super exciting for everybody, and I was eager to check out what was in store. Alongside the first party, the team also launched a Patreon - where players can pledge a little extra money to help out the team. I think that's a really great idea! You'll even get super cool behind the scenes content if you pledge!

For the first ever party, it was a dragon boat party! What an interesting theme, am I right? And... for the very first time, we got to see Kakapo Island in the daytime! Is it weird that I kinda prefer this? It gives me such big Club Penguin Island vib- OKAY, I know I say this every time I talk about PPW, but come on! It's so true!


If you attended the party, you could even get a little dragon plush for FREE! How cool is that?! I hope they do more parties like this in the future! Well, I mean, it's pretty likely that they're going to. I just wonder what the heck they're gonna be! Imagine how wacky the ideas for them are gonna start to get!

You might notice that there's a lot more parrots running about the island now. At first, I was so confused, since it seemed like PPW didn't have that big of an active playerbase yet. These parrots only talk in emotes, which is really bizarre... I'm starting to think they're maybe bots? Or maybe they're just kids with way too much time on their hands, who only speak in expressions.

Hey... that reminds me of that one Club Penguin comic!


Wow, I wonder if Bunny likes Club Penguin or not. It's a mystery.

Bot or not, it's still pretty funny!

The first party was undoubtedly a success. People loved it, and of course I loved it, it was all-around a great time! Here's to many more parties down the road!

What came with the party, is a parrot near the Clock Tower doing some construction work. I wonder what that entails? Perhaps it's teasing that we'll be able to explore the Clock Tower in the next update?! That would be seriously cool!

Parrot of the Week Introduced!

Okay, this is something I'm super excited about. Do you guys remember back when Club Penguin was a thing? Okay, more specifically - remember when they'd do this thing called Penguin of the Week? It was a community award type of thing! All you had to do was just be your awesome self, and maybe you'd get picked for it. I remember for Club Penguin Island, they did it by nominations. Point is, it was cool!

I actually suggested during the closed beta that it would be a cool idea. It was more of an off-handed thing that I thought of in the moment, because why not!

And oh boy. They made it a thing.


So probably the most unexpected thing that's come from this week, they picked me to be the first Parrot of the Week! I'm still absolutely gobsmacked by the whole thing. Like, me? Of all people?! I got so excited, oh man, you should've seen. I'm really grateful for this amazing honor, I genuinely don't have words to describe how happy this made me!

(It was also my dream to be Penguin of the Week as a kid, so my inner child was freaking out with me.)

I look forward to see who else gets picked for this role! As said in the tweet, Parrot of the Week winners get awarded an exclusive background! It's by far my favorite background of the bunch. It's totally staying on my profile, no doubt!

So, What's Next?

Here's a segment that I wanted to add, to sort of lay down my hopes and predictions as to what's next for the game. I just thought it would be fun, y'know?

One thing I hope to see is a revival of the official blog! It's been inactive for quite a while now, and I know more people look at Twitter than anything, but long-form blog posts might prove successful as well! Perhaps integration with the actual game would be cool - like how Club Penguin Island did it, adding the blog to the Island Phone so it can be accessed in-game! Once the updates start getting bigger, long-form content might be needed as a form of coverage. Plus, I just really like the activities that are occasionally hosted there! I just like blogs a lot. (It's why I made one!)

Another thing is more implementation of story. The stoats are referenced as antagonistic figures every once in a while, but we've never actually seen one in-game. Perhaps we'll be seeing adventures, or quests of some sort at some point? That would be really cool, since I have a feeling I'm going to absolutely love these stoat guys as soon as they're actually in the game! I'm absolutely longing for some sort of Party Parrot storyline.

And of course more items and such are inevitable! Supposedly a gifting feature is in the works? I could be wrong though. A trading feature would be cool too, although I'm sort of on edge about that, considering what happened with Animal Jam's trading community. (It's toxic as heck in there, dude!)

I'm hoping that codes get added soon as well. I've had the code from my closed beta invite stowed away, and I've been on the edge of my seat waiting to know what it does! I'm thinking maybe some sort of beta hat, and possibly outfit request items as well. (Assuming said closed beta player actually sent a request!) It's all up in the air right now, I'm just excited to see it get added in! I wonder if there'll be more ways to get codes once the feature comes out? That'd be interesting to see.

Well, that's all for this blog post! Definitely check out Party Parrot if you haven't already. A fantastic game, and an even more fantastic community! I've loved having the pleasure of playing this game since day one of testing, and I can't wait to see more people discover it down the road! It's on the fast track to success, I can tell.

Thank you guys so much for reading!

- imabunny156 (aka Nhexis)



Comments

  1. Cool post! Also can't decide if the "Bot or not" statement was a reference to that one CPI blog post or if I'm just reading into this too much lol...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment